Hello, my
name is Alysia Harrison and I am the new Farm Bureau Intern working through the
Collaborative Look at Evaluation of Available Nutrients II grant. I will be
working closely with Lucas, Ottawa, and Wood County Soil and Water Districts to
collect and test soil samples from 17 fields throughout Lucas, Ottawa,
Sandusky, and Wood Counties. I will be helping out around all of the offices
with various events and projects. I will also be collecting samples as well as
conducting 360 SoilScan, Solvita, and leaf tissue tests to test for nutrients
including nitrogen and carbon. These test results will then allow us to better
educate the farming community as well as the public about how to improve the
environment, water quality, and farming practices by reducing nitrogen runoff. I
am 19 years old, an Ottawa County resident and a very active 4-H participant.
This upcoming fall, I will return to The Ohio State University where I will be
entering my second year as an undergraduate agricultural engineering student. I
am excited to partake in this opportunity and I enthusiastically look forward
to working with the Farm Bureau and Soil and Water Districts of Lucas, Ottawa,
and Wood Counties over the duration of this summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment